Lone Oak Farm
Marion Center, PA
The Simpson family has been running Lone Oak Farm for four generations. They specialize in grass-fed, raw milk, from a herd of Holstein and Jersey cows. The cattle receive a very limited amount of a grain mixture (grown on the farm) fortified with necessary nutrients, depending on age and nutritional need. The milk is thoroughly tested for bacteria counts, and this family farm is proud to maintain a high level of milk quality. Lone Oak Farm prioritizes a close relationship with their livestock, resulting in animals that respond well to human interaction.
What They Raise
• grass-fed, pastured, raw milk
• free-range eggs
• pastured goats (just for fun!)
How They Do It
• cows are rotationally grazed to ensure freshest grass, with pasture access for at least 200 days of the year
• cows fed limited soy-free grain mixture of corn and oats, grown on the farm and then fortified with necessary nutrients
• chickens rotated between paddocks with constant access to shelter
• no hormones or subtherapeutic antibiotics
• no beak-trimming (poultry) or tail-docking
Where to Buy
• directly from the farm by appointment or during milkhouse hours:
For more information, visit their website at loneoakfarmpa.com.