Auburn Meadow Farm
West Middlesex, PA
Jackie Cleary is dedicated to preserving the integrity of how food used to be produced. To her, this means breeding and raising heritage breeds of livestock and maintaining their rich genetic diversity, rather than breeding them exclusively for fast growth or high production. She raises pigs (a Gloucestershire Old Spot and Duroc cross), cattle (American Milking Devon), chickens (Plymouth Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Delewares, Wellsummers), and geese (Dewlap Toulouse), all on pasture.
What They Raise
• 100% grass-fed, pastured beef
• pastured eggs
• pastured chicken, geese and turkey
• pastured pork
How They Do It
• all animals raised outdoors
• rotational grazing of pigs, supplemented with non-GMO feed
• no gestation or farrowing crates
• no hormones or subtherapeutic antibiotics
• no beak-trimming (poultry), tail-docking, or teeth-clipping (pigs)
• registered heritage breeds
For more information, visit their website at auburnmeadowfarm.com.